Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Since ancient times, Bahrain has been a key trade and geographical centre in the Arabian Gulf. In the past it was an international passage for trade caravans coming and going through the Gulf and the Mediterranean, or in other direction towards the Indian subcontinent and the Far East. Hence Bahrain was highly reputed in the transit trade.
The people of this island came to have an instinctive feel for trade, and through their practice they gained an understanding of both local and foreign trade. In 1939, the first Chamber of Commerce in the Arabian Gulf was established in Bahrain under the name of the “General Traders’ Association” and continued under that name until 1945 when the name was changed to “Bahrain Chamber of Commerce”. Later it was in 1967 that it acquired the present name “Bahrain Chamber of Commerce & Industry”. (BCC & I).
The Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry is considered one of the leading Chambers of Commerce and Industry in the region. It has kept pace with economic development in Bahrain since its inception. The Chamber has played an effective role in enhancing the importance of the role played by the private commercial and industrial sector in the country’s development. Since its launch, the Chamber has also contributed to the welfare and prosperity of the society through the development and support of its commercial and economic events, as well as providing various services to such events and broadening their scope to keep up with the aims of economic development in Bahrain.
The Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides the following services:
- Attestation of documents, certificates and contracts
- Conducting studies in various economic fields
- Making available various economic laws, data and statistics
- Participating in the settlement of commercial and business disputes
- Providing a database of business and industrial establishments and foreign trade statistics
- Promoting exhibitions whether locally or abroad
- Encouraging national exports
- Promoting and marketing Bahrain and the available opportunities in the country
- Publicising investment opportunities and promoting them among the members
- Holding various seminars, conferences and forums.
- Contributing and participating in chambers federations and joint chambers
- Participating in the membership of different government committees
- Representing businessmen in all occasions and purposes
- Organising and supervising the sales events in co-operation with the concerned authorities
- Supporting national products